Download SMB/CIFS File System App – Easily Mount Windows Shared File Server
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day, if not, don’t worry Friday is almost here, just make sure you get through today and tomorrow the best you can lol anyway, read on…
Today we highlight a new Chrome extension that is specifically for Chromebooks and other devices that run the beautiful Chrome OS. SMB/CIFS File System App(yeah, we don’t like the name either) is an app that basically lets you mount any Windows file sharing server onto your Chrome OS easily.
SMB/CIFS App Info
- Access a SMB/CIFS server directly from the Files app.
- This application provides an ability to mount SMB/CIFS server (generally Windows shared file server).
- Files/directories can be opened, modified and deleted in the Files app directly.
- This application works on Chrome OS only.
- All operations supported (Read and Write).
- Authentication with LM, LMv2, NTLM, NTLMv2.
- Unicode support.
- Unicode only. ASCII mode is not supported.
- Supported dialect is NT_DIALECT_012 only.
- The authentication by Domain is not supported.
- CIFS is supported, but NetBIOS over TCP is not supported.
- Signature and encryption not supported.
Install SMB/CIFS File System App
Quick Links: Download Viber App | Download Google Tone App | Top 5 Strategy Games For Chrome | Top Action Games For Chrome | What is a Google Chromebit device? | Download Google Data Saver App | Top 5 iTunes Alternatives On Chrome OS | Top 5 Action Games On Chromebook | Best Photoshop Alternatives On Chromebook
Today’s Popular Chrome Article: Download Chrome 43 For Android