Download MX Player For Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download MX Player for Chromebook. You read that right, starting with Chromebook’s that were made in 2017 or after, it is now possible to run Android apps on Chrome OS devices including most if not all modern Chromebook’s that were made in the past 2 years or so. You can check out a full list of Chromebooks that support installing and running Android apps.
Today we will feature MX Player which is an app developed by J2 Interactive. MX Player is currently one of top 10 most downloaded media players according to the data provided by Google Play. Over 7 million people have rated this video player giving it a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars rating. For those of you who are looking for an alternative to VLC Media Player for Chromebook, you should for sure try this MX Player today without much hesitation. The file itself is small, less than 60mb for most devices and with over 500 million installs, chances are you will like it as well. Let us know in the comments what you think about it once you decide to try it.
What Is MX Player About?
MX Player is powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support that works well on your Chromebook or Chrome OS Device.
MX Player Features:
- HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
- MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
- PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
- SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
- KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
Install MX Player on Chromebook as Android App
MX Player Screenshot
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @geekchrome for a chance to win a free android tablet every month!
Quick Links: Microsoft Edge For Chromebook | Microsoft To-Do For Chromebook | Evernote For Chromebook