Download Skype For Chromebook
Hello everyone, today you can now download Skype for Chromebook. You read that right, starting with Chromebook’s that were made in 2017 or after, it is now possible to run Android apps on Chrome OS devices including most if not all modern Chromebook’s that were made in the past 2 years or so. You can check out a full list of Chromebooks that support installing and running Android apps.
Today we will feature Skype and the many ways that you can use this popular messenger on your trusty Chromebook or whatever device that is running Chrome OS. If you don’t want to always use Skype on your phone or tablet, this official app from Microsoft themselves(owners of Skype) is exactly what you are looking for. The app is the android version of Skype, but like I said in the first paragraph, new Chromebooks, those made in 2017 and newer can run almost every Android app and Android game without a problem, eventually Chromebooks and Android apps will work perfectly together. Please let us know in the comments what you think about Skype working on your Chromebook.
- Does Skype run on Chromebook? Yes!
What Is Skype About?
Skype allows you to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide and with SMS Connect you can now also read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages right from your computer. SMS connect will be released gradually.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• SMS Connect – Read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages in Skype on your PC or Mac.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
Install Skype on Chromebook as Android App
Use Skype Web on Chromebook
Use Skype on Chrome Browser