Download Skype for Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download Skype for Chromebook. You read that right, starting with Chromebook’s that were made in 2017 or after, it is now possible to run Android apps on Chrome OS devices including most if not all modern Chromebook’s that were made in the past 2 years or so. You can check out a fulllist of Chromebooks that support installing and running Android apps.
Today we will feature Skype and the many ways that you can use this popular messenger on your trusty Chromebook or whatever device that is running Chrome OS. If you don’t want to always use Skype on your phone or tablet, this official app from Microsoft themselves(owners of Skype) is exactly what you are looking for. The app is the android version of Skype, but like I said in the first paragraph, new Chromebooks, those made in 2017 and newer can run almost every Android app and Android game without a problem, eventually Chromebooks and Android apps will work perfectly together. Please let us know in the comments what you think about Skype working on your Chromebook.
- Does Skype run on Chromebook? Yes!
Install Skype on Chromebook as Android App
Use Skype Web on Chromebook
Use Skype on Chrome Browser
What Is Skype About?
Skype allows you to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide and with SMS Connect you can now also read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages right from your computer. SMS connect will be released gradually.
- Instant messaging and chat history:Skype allows you to send messages to other Skype users, both individually and in groups. You can also save your chat history so you can refer back to it later.
- Calls between Skype and landline / mobile phone numbers:You can make calls to other Skype users for free, regardless of where they are in the world. You can also make calls to landlines and mobile phones for a fee.
- Skype Premium:Skype Premium is a subscription service that offers a variety of features, such as voicemail, call recording, and the ability to call more countries at lower rates.
- Voicemail:Skype allows you to set up voicemail so that you can receive messages from other Skype users when you’re not available. You can also listen to your voicemail messages online or on your mobile device.
- Video calling and screen sharing:Skype allows you to make video calls to other Skype users. You can also share your screen with other users so that you can collaborate on projects or presentations.
- SMS text messaging:Skype allows you to send SMS text messages to other Skype users who have enabled SMS messaging. You can also send SMS text messages to landlines and mobile phones for a fee.