Download LumaFusion for Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download LumaFusion for Chromebook and experience the popular video editing app, previously only available for iOS, now available for all devices. It was originally designed specifically for the iPad.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should give this video editing app a try on your ChromeOS device. At the time of this post, LumaFusion was(is?) in beta but as I tested it, it worked just fine, I can’t say I personally noticed any bugs certainly not big bugs that would make this app unusable. Unfortunately I had to cough up $20 USD to even use this app, I was not at all happy about it as most of you who regularly visit this website probably know that I try my best to find free apps or games before I promote paid apps unless they are obsoletely worth it and I think this LumaFusion app is worth it mainly because it is very well liked by those that have used it on their iOS devices. On top of that, I just happened to see this app trending today on social media because they released the beta version of their app on Android and ChromeOS for the first time, ever. I am still glad I purchased it and it truly a great video editor that makes use of your touchscreen which is the main key.
I’m glad to report that this app worked perfectly on my backup Lenovo Duet 2-1 Chromebook. Just a heads up, you’ll need a Chromebook with a touchscreen to run this app. If you’re not sure if your Chromebook is compatible, you can check our list of Chromebooks that can run Android apps and games. If your device is on the list or was made after 2017, it should be able to run this app without any problems. If you decide to try it out on your device, let us know how it goes in the comments. By the way I had a little bit of wine as I was typing this so forgive me if I made any spelling or grammatical errors lol.
Install LumaFusion as Android App
Download LumaFusion on ChromeOS
What is LumaFusion About?
LumaFusion is a video editing app that works on your ChromeOS device. It is a powerful tool that enables users to edit, add effects, and create professional-quality videos on their mobile devices. LumaFusion offers a range of features and tools, including support for multiple layers, a variety of transitions, and a wide selection of audio and video effects. It is commonly used by professionals and enthusiasts to create high-quality videos for social media, YouTube, and other platforms.
- Layer up to 6 video and 6 audio tracks (number of layers determined by your device type)
- Enjoy the powerful magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
- Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
- Use preset effects or create your own
- Add markers with notes
- Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using multiselect
- Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
- Use powerful color correction tools
- Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
- Animate with unlimited keyframes
- Save and share effect presets
- Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
- Create smooth slow motion using 120 and 240fps files
- Edit with time-lapse video
- Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
- Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
- Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
- Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
- Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
- Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag projects
- Use media directly from your device
- Link to media on USB-C drives – only download what you use on the timeline.
- Import media: cloud storage (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive)
- Storyblocks Library (In App Purchase) includes thousands of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
- View detailed metadata for your media
- Rename, add notes, and color-tag
- Sort and search to quickly find what you need
- Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and framerate
- Create a snapshot of any frame
- Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
LumaFusion Chromebook Requirements
- Supported OS Version: ChromeOS & Android 9.0 or newer.
- Supported Device: Device with 4GB of RAM or above.
- Storage Space: 1 GB or above