Download AutoCAD for Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download AutoCAD for Chromebook and finally experience one of the premiere CAD, DWG editors and viewers for 3D and 2D projects.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should definitely give this app a try a long with a few other methods and ways to get all of your AutoCAD needs right on your ChromeOS device. Before I go any further, you must remember that this AutoCAD we are promoting below is the AutoCAD Web and AutoCAD Mobile which both work for Chromebooks. This is not necessary the full blown AutoCAD you are used to on Windows or Mac, but I will stress again, this version of AutoCAD is almost as good and 95% of you will find it more than enough to handle your DWG and CAD drawings without issues. I would personally recommend you try both versions below the Android version(mobile) and the Web/Chrome Extension versions, both work fine and you can actually switch between the two if necessary. With that out of the way, I did try both and they both loaded up pretty fast and I was able to play around, import and save my CAD drawings with ease and because my Chromebook is a touchscreen, It was quite easy to navigate the AutoCAD Mobile version. Anyway, let us know what you think about AutoCAD(web and mobile) in the comments below.
Install AutoCAD as Android App
Install AutoCAD Web App Chrome Extension
Online AutoCAD Web
What is AutoCAD About?
AutoCAD is an app that works on your Chromebook by bringing you essential drafting and design capabilities for your everyday needs that gives you access to the core AutoCAD commands that you need for light editing and generating fundamental designs. Use familiar AutoCAD drafting tools on your mobile device in a simplified interface, allowing you to access, create, and update DWG files anytime, anywhere.
AutoCAD Web Features:
- Work offline on your projects without an Internet connection and sync later
- Safeguard drawings in your Autodesk account or with your own external accounts
- 2D file viewing
- Create, edit, and share 2D drawings
- Collaborate in real time with team members and reduce mistakes
- Replace blueprints at job sites with drawings on mobile
- Open DWG files directly from Autodesk Drive, Autodesk Docs, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Work offline and sync your changes once back online
- Insert blocks from your DWG drawing
- Drafting and geometry editing tools
- Annotation and markup tools
- Measure distance, angle, area, and radius
- View and edit DWG files from your internal storage, email, or from the cloud
- Import values from Leica DISTO
- View coordinates and properties
- Manage layers and layer visibility
AutoCAD Web Video
AutoCAD Chromebook Requirements
- Supported OS Version: ChromeOS & Android 7.0 or newer.
- Supported Device: Device with 6GB of RAM or above.
- Storage Space: 1 GB or above.