Twitter for Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download X for Chromebook which used to be known as Twitter until Elon Musk bought Twitter and changed the logo, name and some other things, but essentially it is the same app but it is under a new owner.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should go ahead and still give this app a try on your ChromeOS device. I was not the biggest fan of X when it was called Twitter and I just recently started using X here and there, I do like the new look, the darkmode settings etc and I am finding myself spending at least a couple of minutes on it daily but I still do NOT have a personal X account, I just use the ones dedicated for this website but I can see the appeal, especially since the newly branded X has some new abilities for users including the ability to type out longer ‘tweets’ where previously you were only allowed 280 characters per tweet, now you can add a tweet that has over 4,000 characters, that is a big change especially for people who want to market something or share an important message to the public or their followers. I won’t discuss the political mess that still surrounds this app, with that said, let us know in the comments if you decide to try this app on your Chromebook, it works way better than you would expect including notifications that show up nicely.
Install X as an Android App
What is X about?
X offers a dynamic platform for users around the globe to post content, engaging in public dialogues and sparking meaningful conversations. Not only does it keep users abreast with the latest breaking news tailored to their interests, but it also introduces features like Community Notes which provide deeper context. X Spaces facilitates live audio interactions, while live video streaming offers a visual touch. The platform ensures private exchanges with its Direct Messages feature. With the X Premium subscription, users can gain broader visibility, secure a verification badge, and avail additional benefits. Content creators on X can monetize their craft by providing exclusive content to paid subscribers, and they can also benefit from the ad revenue generated through replies to their posts. Communities on X bridge users with shared passions, be it in sports, music, or tech, fostering closer ties. The platform now supports video uploads of up to 3 hours and also caters to those who prefer long-form content, like essays and blogs.
- Tweets up to 4,000 characters in length:X increased the maximum tweet length from 280 to 4,000 characters. This allows users to share more complex thoughts and ideas in a single tweet.
- Use of direct messages without daily limits:Previously, X limited the number of direct messages that a user could send per day. However, this limit was removed in February 2023, giving users more freedom to communicate with each other via direct messages.
- Access to X Pro, formerly known as TweetDeck:X Pro is a desktop and mobile app that allows users to manage multiple Twitter accounts, create and schedule tweets, and track keywords and hashtags. It is a powerful tool for businesses and individuals who use Twitter for professional purposes.
- Bookmarks, which allows users to save individual tweets into folders:A way for users to save tweets that they wanted to read or reference later. Users can create folders to organize their bookmarks, and they can access them from any device.
- Reader mode, which converts threads of tweets into an article-like view: When a user enters reader mode, the tweets are displayed in a single column, and the images and videos are embedded.
X Chromebook Requirements
- Supported OS Version: ChromeOS & Android 10 or newer.
- Supported Device: Device with 4GB of RAM or above.
- Storage Space: 1 GB or above.
You can also try Discord for Chromebook.