Download Google Classroom for Chromebook
Hello everyone, you can download Google Classroom for Chromebook today and experience a modern but simple way to manage your classrooms, if you are a teacher, and an easy way to submit your classwork, take tests and ask for help for those of you who are students.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should go ahead and give Google Classroom a shot on your Chrome OS device. Some of you might actually not need to install it at all, you can choose to access it via the web as an extension we have listed below but some of you might have to or prefer to use the Android app version which works just as good and in some ways even better than the web version. Which ever version you choose to use, you won’t regret it. In fact, a lot of schools and universities across the world are already using this, some of you might be forced to use it thanks to your school policies so you might as well get used to it now. We have included a quick basic tutorial and a video for those of you who might be new to this or having some trouble figuring it all out. If you need further help, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or contact us for direct help. Let us know what you think about this app in the comments.
How to install Google Classroom on Chromebook
Option #1: Download Google Classroom as Android App
What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is a free service for schools, non-profits, and anyone with a personal Google account. Classroom makes it easy for learners and instructors to connect inside and outside of schools. Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized.
Google Classroom Features:
- Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments quickly, all in one place.
- Improves organization – Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials (e.g., documents, photos, and videos) are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- Enhances communication – Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
- Secure – Like the rest of Google Workspace for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes.
Signing in and joining a class
Before you join a class, make sure you’re signed into the right Google account. If your teacher sent you a class link, click the link and then click Join.
If you have a class code, go to classroom.google.com and click the plus sign at the top of the screen. Enter the class code from your teacher and click Join.
Google Classroom tips for parents
Finding assignment due dates: To check which assignments are due and when, click the menu on the left and select “To-do.” You’ll see a list of all upcoming assignments and when each one is due.
Checking your child’s schedule: To view your child’s class schedule, open the menu again and choose Calendar. This gives you a weekly view of all your child’s classes and responsibilities.
Checking your child’s homework: To view homework and grades for a particular class, click on a particular class from the homepage. This takes you to the Stream, which teachers use to post announcements and updates. On the left side of this page, you’ll see a box that tells you which assignments are due next. Click “View All” to see a list of assignments, or click “Done” to see only graded assignments. You can then click into the assignment title to view it.
Google Classroom Screenshots